UPDATE: These positions have both been filled.
Here at Great Raft Brewing, we are happy to be growing our brand, as well as our wonderful staff. We currently have two full-time openings on our production team. The qualified applicants must be 21+ years of age and possess the following:
- Passion for beer!
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week, with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Must have the utmost respect for quality and cleanliness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in a factory/production setting with wide ranged temperature environment
We are offering full-time (40+ hours / week). Compensation commensurate with experience.
Lab Technician - Responsible for daily lab activities to ensure the highest quality Great Raft beer.
- Sampling, monitoring and documenting of the fermentation processes.
- Work with QA and Production personnel to determine root cause and possible solutions for microbial issues.
- Perform standardized microbiological testing on in-process and finished beer.
- Collect sterile samples and plate for microbial analysis.
- Complete ownership of yeast health and maintaining yeast cultures.
- Familiar with the entire brewing process.
- Familiar with general laboratory instruments and techniques (e.g. pH meter, spectrophotometer, microscope, haemocytometer, serial dilutions, pipetting, aseptic technique, etc.)
- Familiarity with sour beer fermentation, bacteria handling, barrel operations and bottle conditioning.
- Data entry including brew, fermentation, cellar, QA/QC, and software (EKOS).
Cellar Assistant - Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: forklift operation, loading & unloading freight from trailers, assisting production team with day-to-day tasks as needed, such as canning, filtering, kegging, and cleaning.
We have an amazing team of hard working individuals that come to work every day ready to work. We have established a culture of accountability, teamwork, and fun. Previous applicants are encouraged to apply again.
To be considered for the position, please submit a resume AND a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job for which you are applying in the subject line.