Great Raft Brewing his hiring for a few different positions within the brewery. Check out the descriptions below and send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com if interested. Include the job title in the subject line.
We are looking to hire a cellarman / cellarwoman to help manage the many aspects of day-to-day operations of the brewery and cellar. If you have a passion for beer and share our commitment to quality and safety, please read our job posting and apply! Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: forklift operation, loading & unloading freight from trailers, assisting production team with day-to-day tasks as needed, such as canning, filtering, kegging, and cleaning.
The qualified applicant must be 21+ years of age and have the following:
- Passion for beer!
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week, with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work safely in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Must have the utmost respect for quality and cleanliness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work in a factory/production setting with wide temperature ranged environment
- We are offering full-time (40+ hours / week). Compensation commensurate with experience.
We have an amazing team of hard working individuals that come to work every day ready to work. We have established a culture of accountability, teamwork, and fun.
Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter, resume and at least two professional references with the subject line “Great Raft Cellar Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Be sure to tell us why you want to join our team and how you can help us continue to produce amazing beer.
P.S. If you've applied in the past and are still interested, please re-apply.
Great Raft is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our team and knowledgeably present our beer in the Great Raft Brewing tasting room. The ideal candidate must be able to articulate the finer points of beer appreciation and have a true passion for beer. This doesn’t mean “I drink a lot of beer on the weekends.” Operating hours are Wednesday - Friday, 4-9pm and Saturday 12-9pm. Having the ability to work more than one shift a week is a plus, and we would prefer folks with a flexible schedule. If you have previously applied and are still interested, please re-apply.
Responsibilities include, but aren't limited to: Serving beer, bussing, cleaning everything, using POS system for transactions, preparing bar for opening shifts, closing down after evening shifts, selling/stocking merchandise, moving/restocking kegs, working private events. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
Must be 21 years old or older and have the endurance to be on your feet serving beers for the duration of a shift, among various other tasks.
The candidate will:
Have a strong craft beer knowledge and a thirst for more. Certified Cicerone Beer Server highly desirable.
Have serving / bar experience.
Have a passion for craft beer culture.
Be easy going and have a fun attitude. Its beer after all.
Be willing to give brewery tours to 20-30 people.
Have the ability to know a menu of up to 10 beers like the back of your hand.
Have a positive and professional attitude.
Have a sense of ugency and self-starting personality.
Be friendly and always put the guest first.
Reside in North Louisiana. (No out of state candidates will be considered).
Have the ability to work more than one shift a week. Flexible schedule preferred.Planned operating hours will be Thursday-Friday, 4-8pm and Saturday 12-8pm.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com, along with a brief cover letter explaining why you’re interested and why you believe you’re a good fit. Put “I want to be a GRB Beertender ” in the subject line. Please do not call or stop by the brewery.
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager / Director of Operations to join our production team. This senior position will be responsible for overseeing production schedules and ensure implementation of all standard operating procedures to maintain consistency, quality and efficiency throughout the production process. As part of the management team, this position will work with other area leaders to develop and achieve our brewery wide goals. Adept at the business side of beer, you’ll orchestrate and execute production plans and budgeting timelines, holding yourself and your team accountable as you constantly seek to pioneer new and efficient ways of achieving company goals.
Disclaimer: We brew great beer and work together to deliver a consistent experience and product to folks who expect the best. Our team is passionate, dedicated and detail focused. If you doubt your ability or bring that same commitment and passion to these positions then no need to apply. If you like hard work, amazing beer, and spreading the craft beer gospel, apply away! Previous applicants are encouraged to apply again.
The Director of Operations will provide hands-on leadership and management of all aspects of operations and manufacturing, including, but not limited to:
- Planning, forecasting, budgeting, sourcing, producing, and shipping goods.
- Complete ownership of the production schedule and ensures that the Brewing and Cellar teams adheres to the posted schedule.
- Hire, train and schedule brewery employees in accordance with a production schedule to maximize efficiencies and teamwork while also creating a positive working environment
- Ensure brewing and cellar operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. This includes, but is not limited to, tank cleaning, tank filling, beer transfer, carbonation, and yeast management.
- Ensure supply and competitive pricing of raw materials and other inventory items such as bulk malt and specialty malts, hops, parts and equipment. Manage all vendor relationships for raw goods.
- Maintenance and engineering
- Managing a small, lean team across the above areas to exceed departmental and company goals.
- Planning, forecasting, budgeting, sourcing, producing, and shipping goods.
- Ensure that operations run efficiently by communicating clear objectives and by managing and developing the operations team.
- Analyze operational data and current processes to maximize efficiency and continual improvements to the cost, safety, and environmental management of operations.
- Work with department managers and HR to develop and improve Standard Operating Procedures and ensure proper training.
- Collaborate with the CFO to develop and manage budgets for assigned departments including cost of goods sold, operating expenditures and capital expenditures.
- Monitor cost variances and report them to leadership in a timely manner.
Proven ability to:
- Work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week, with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Work safely in a fast paced environment
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Work in a factory/production setting with wide ranged temperature environment
- Read and understand spec sheets and technical drawings
- Troubleshoot and think on your feet
The ideal candidate:
- Has an established career in an operational role in a manufacturing facility
- Has a thorough understanding of all aspects of beer production, including grain handling, yeast management, filtration, packaging and QA/QC
- Is extremely organized, detail oriented, has strong analytical skills, and can handle complex tasks
- Has the utmost respect for quality and cleanliness
- Has proven leadership skills and will cultivate an enthusiastic company culture for staff with accountability and ongoing feedback
- Is a strategic thinker, has a desire to innovate, and proactively identifies and solves challenges
- Possesses excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- Is honest, hard-working, and has the ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Has working knowledge of OSHA requirements and a proven track record of focus on building a safety culture
- Possesses strong financial acumen and is a proven project manager
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects
- Experience with brewing software (EKOS)