We are seeking a Marketing / Social Media Coordinator to be the voice and storyteller of Great Raft Brewing. This role requires a person to be thoughtful, creative, community-based, engaging and a problem-solver. The ideal candidate can both take a beautiful Instagram picture and articulate the complexities of a beer in a blog post – all while being on-brand. Community is a big part of Great Raft and the candidate will need to integrate themselves into the beer community with a positive attitude.
The Marketing / Social Media Coordinatorwould work under the superision of the Vice President to communicate information about Great Raft across multiple print, digital, and customer-facing communication areas, organize on-site and off-site special events and oversees all activities and communications in Shreveport. This role will support multiple departments to provide a meaningful, highly responsive conversation with our online and membership communities while gathering relevant data for publication, analysis and planning. Candidates must share Great Raft Brewing’s commitment to quality, safety, business ethics, and continuous innovation.
The Marketing / Social Media Coordinator will own the Great Raft Brewing voice and will create and adapt content for Great Raft Brewing social media, digital and print channels including but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, web/blog, advertising and beer descriptions. This role is our storyteller and requires a thinker, conceiver, strategist, author, problem-solver and architect of brand content. The ideal candidate can snap an amazing Instagram photo and is adept at building our own unique written style while engaging customers and the greater craft community. He/She will integrate themselves into the brewery and will periodically travel to festivals/events and markets to capture moments and build relationships. The ability to think globally while adapting and creating content for each specific medium is critical to success.
Daily Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Monitor Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for Great Raft Brewing and Tasting Room
- Develop creative & engaging text, image & video content across all social media platforms
- Post scheduled social media text & visual assets
- Respond to comments and questions where appropriate
- Monitor direct messages and social media tags
- Communicate customer concerns & needs to appropriate departments
- Work with management to monitor & respond to relevant hospitality platforms (Yelp, Trip Advisor, etc.)
- collaborate with Graphic Designer & Web Designer to ensure a cohesive social media brand identity
- Website updates & promoting online store
- Measure web traffic & monitor SEO via monthly reports for each account
- Work with the sales team to keep events updated for the website and email newsletters
- Write copy for event descriptions and internal company communications
- Update various portions of the website as needed
- Work with the sales team to develop POS for our distributor network
- Collect and report relevant digital analytics and assist in strategizing content, digital initiatives, and posting schedule
- Assist with photography and various event-related tasks
- Help organize on-site and off-site events
- Be a team player and able to interact with all levels within the organization
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations
- Other tasks as needed
What you need for this position:
- Passion for Great Raft Brewing + craft beer!
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented, with excellent multitasking and organizational ability
- Ability to work after traditional hours and on weekends as necessary
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations highly preferred
To be considered for the position, please submit a resume AND a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you believe you'd be a good fit to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.